Michael Blattel : 281-235-8830 : email@example.com
I have been married since 1992. We have three kids, 1 boy (25) who is in the Air Force, and 2 girls (21) also in the Air Force, (10) home schooled.
- Owner of The Woodlands Drum Lessons (1999-present)
- Drum, Percussion & Elementary Music Teacher at Western Academy (2020-present)
- Drummer at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, The Woodlands TX (2019-present)
- Principal Drummer at Lord of Life Lutheran The Woodlands TX (2017-2021)
- Owner of Pro Music Instruction (2009-2018)
- Drum Instructor at Music Go Round (1999-2009)
- Drummer with Market Junction (2015-2020)
- Drummer with Drop Trio (2002-2011)
- Drummer with Southern Backtones (1999-2003)
I was born in Houston, TX. When I was 9 my family moved to The Woodlands. A year later, I began playing the drums and guitar. For six years, I studied all styles of drum set and snare drum percussion under the tutelage of Jim Sisson. At the age of 12 I formed my first band. Throughout high school I played and performed in various musical groups. After serving 4 years in the US Army (Military Police), I continued my musical education studying percussion while attending LSU. Since returning to The Woodlands in the mid 1990’s, I have played and continue to play with several original, and cover bands, and have been a sub drummer/guitarist for numerous churches around The Woodlands area. In 2002, I formed the instrumental funk/jazz group Drop Trio . From 2002-2010, Drop Trio released 3 acclaimed albums, recorded with Solange Knowles, embarked on numerous US tours, and received 9 Houston Press awards including “Best Jazz” and “Best Funk.” I play guitar, ukulele and sing as a solo performer. I have been teaching drums, guitar, and ukulele to students of all ages and abilities in the Woodlands area since 1999. I was a co-owner and manager of Pro Music Instruction from 2009-2018. I currently teach 35+ students per week and perform 130+ shows per year.